It’s summer! And we are moving into our new house this month 🙂
So for the time being, I will get to post once a week until we are settled – sorry there will be fewer posts, but I promise they will be fun!
To start, here’s a way to pull off dinner prep in under 10 minutes: Heat up tortillas in the microwave, spread hummus or baba ganoush on top, sprinkle with shredded carrots and beans – and anything else you have that does not require cooking – and roll it up.
It’s easy to handle for little hands, and Ilian explored his food thoroughly by unrolling and re-rolling the wraps, deciding to eat the black beans first, lick off the hummus, and finally eat the tortillas before I spoon-fed him the carrots 🙂
Fun with food is important! I love it when Ilian really experiences what he eats, building nutrition consciousness and savoring with several senses.
Have a great weekend!
Tortilla Hummus Rollups
- 6 100% corn tortillas (2 per person)
- a few carrots, e.g. multi-colored ones
- hummus (original, red pepper etc, or baba ganoush)
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- Shred the carrots.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for one minute.
- Spread hummus on half of each tortilla, top with black beans and shredded carrots.
- Roll up and serve!