Ilian was asking for noodle soup, so when we went grocery shopping together, I let him choose a few things: chard, broccoli, and leeks were the first things he put in the cart, so I saw a green soup materializing 🙂
I added some parsnips and cauliflower – taking a hint of the leeks’ white bottom half for color, and grounding the light, fresh, and dominant tastes of the greens with some sweet earthiness.
Ilian almost complained that he couldn’t help more than he did 😉 Ripping the chard leaves to shreds (while stroking them for leafy green music as usual) was his favorite activity!
- 1 bunch chard
- 1 leek
- 2 large parsnips
- 2 broccoli heads
- a few cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp salt
- dried sweet peppers or other soup herbs, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry gluten free pasta
- Wash and peel, chop, separate all ingredients, cutting the stems out of the chard.
- Place all veggies except chard leaves in a large pot, add spices and water to cover. Add chard leaves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cook for 20 minutes.
- Add gluten free pasta and cook for another 7-10 minutes, depending on how long pasta must cook according to package instructions.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!