Here’s a quick and easy side dish for fancy meals: green and red, crunchy and soft, tart and sweet, and never enough for leftovers 😉
Ilian was courageous enough to try the asparagus again, but his palate is not quite ready yet. He really liked snapping the woody ends off the green stems though and played with a spare set of tongs, using them to eat apple slices 🙂
Hope you have lots of kitchen fun over the President’s Day weekend!
Oven Asparagus and Red Beets
- one bunch green asparagus
- 3 medium sized red beets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground salt
- Clean the asparagus. (The Kitchn has a nice explanation on how to trim it.)
- Peel and shred the beets.
- Arrange asparagus and shredded beets on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with oil, balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt. Mix well to evenly coat veggies.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, mix to ensure nothing gets too dry, bake another 10 minutes. Enjoy the lovely side dish!