This is hands-down my favorite side dish!
Its sweet, smoky, full-mouthed goodness makes it the perfect side to bring to a dinner party or serve up at home. Plus it’s easy to prepare with just a few ingredients. One of those is my previously mentioned favorite spice, smoked paprika. I combine it here with cumin and salt to create a hot-spice-without-the-hotness flavor, perfectly complementing the sweet potatoes’ … well, sweetness 🙂
I hardly ever have leftovers!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 5 small to medium sized or 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 TBsp canola oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Scrub and peel sweet potatoes, cut into fries.
- In a large bowl, combine fries, canola oil, and spices. Mix well until fries are evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake at 400F for 35 minutes or until very soft (fries will easily bend and nearly fall apart if lifted from baking sheet with tongs). Enjoy with family and friends!