Spices and potatoes are the only ingredients for this awesome side dish: I use turmeric to lend its golden color, smoked paprika to evoke summer evening barbecues, and rosemary and cumin for full-mouthed fall sweetness.
If your toddler is old enough to safely handle a knife, this is a perfect recipe – the potatoes can be cut into larger pieces that don’t need to be uniform. Happy cooking!
Oil-free Oven Potatoes
- 3 lb russet potatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp sage
- optional: sliced spring onions for garnish
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized cubes. Put in pot, add water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, return to pot and add spices. Shake vigorously, with lid on, until spices are evenly distributed.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until cubes start to puff up slightly.
- Garnish with fresh spring onions if you like. Enjoy!